Stories from North Dakota

Monday, August 07, 2006

Why Can't I Sleep?

The last few days I have gotten the best sleep in ages. I attribute it to the fact that I was sleeping in Mike's or Ryan's beds but science will probably chalk it up to the fact that I have been pretty tired of late, thus leading to my much needed rest.

Tonight, however, is a different story. I have done everything in my power to fall asleep but here I am at 5am typing up an entry and watching "Cable in the Classroom" on the Animal Planet. I would have to say the reason is that the smell has left the beds and science could back me up, but I doubt their most pressing issue is to figure out why I sleep better when the smell is just right.

I've been hanging out with Kash and Kelli a lot lately. Kelli tells me it's because the boys are out of town, I say it's because I think Kash is cute. It's probably a combination of the two. But come to find out, Mr. Kash has a current relationship. I feel foolish. I put myself out there, flirt, show interest, and well, bam...

A stellar 0 for 2.

Thursday I am having a dinner party sort of thing. I'm doing a mid-summer's pinic theme but indoors so we can just chill out, watch a few movies and just relax. I'm doing this finger food kind of theme. So you can watch the movie and still eat.

Mini Rachael's:
16 slices mini rye bread
1/2 cup sweet red pepper relish
1 pound smoked turkey, thinly sliced
1 pound sauerkraut rinsed and drained
1/3 pound sliced sharp cheddar

&

Mini Spicy Patty Melts:
1 pound ground sirloin
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, several drops
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon steak seasoning blend (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning) or salt and pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan
16 slices mini rye bread
1/4 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese

I'll let you know how it turns out. Probably just a few friends.

My parents arrive in just 4 days. Let the stress begin to pile up now. I am sure as soon as my parents get here they will complain non stop.

~Your apartment is small.
~You pay how much for this place?
~Why does it smell like dirty boys?
~You should tell management to fix that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home