Stories from North Dakota

Sunday, April 02, 2006

As the weekend starts to wrap up, I thought I would just give a brief overview of the events that occurred. All in all I had a very uneventful, very excellent weekend.

Friday I went out a party with some of my ATC buddies. Beer Pong Team Aussie moved on to the second round after a decisive win over Team Discovery Channel. I was on fire that night. Sank 5 shots in a row, but after that I couldn't hit the side of a red barn with a tractor. It could have been the Crowne Royal/Pepsi combination catching up with the mixture of Busch Light and Miller Lite mixed in the beer pong cups.

Got a call from Ryan a few hours later. Had to pick him up. (And no I didn't drive drunk.) Bought him a 3am Subway dinner. Did a few episodes of the cult classic Family Guy with him. Then it was time to head to bed... Alone.

Saturday I spent most of the day just bumming around. A bit of homework. Took a nap.... next to Mike.

A couple of the girls on the floor made a comment about how the boys are very close on this floor. 'You know how girls go to the bathroom in groups, well the guys seem to take naps in groups,.. there is a group of them sleeping in SFND's room right now.'

Saturday night hung out with the ATC buddies again. Just a few movies and a bit of social drinking since it was a quiet party. Spent a good hour outside in the chilly 30 degree windy weather as some idiots on the second floor of the building decided to discharge the fire exstingisher. The fire department took a good 16 mins to show up. Good to know that the fire department has a quick response time. It is not like the town of GFK is THAT big. Then they showed up to the wrong building, were blocked by police cars and then couldnt shut off the alarm because they didn't have a key. Nice huh?

Mike called me this morning at 5am, thanks to the Spring Forward lose an hour today thingie for the bloody farmers, and so Ryan, Mike and I stayed up and just talked. Ryan ended up passing out around 6am and Mike and I just talked and watched "The Critic" on Comedy Central.

So all and all, a fairly uneventful weekend. No drunken moments for me. No Drama Llama to be seen. And now I am listening to MP3s mixed by Mike because for me when it comes to music I am very sheltered.

Mike's Random Comments that make me Smile: "Girls are pissing me off right now, I think I want to switch teams."

My Response: "As much as WE want you on our team, I think you need to stick with your side for now."

1 Comments:

  • "Mike called me this morning at 5am, thanks to the Spring Forward lose an hour today thingie for the bloody farmers,"

    FWIW - Daylight Savings Time is for preppy busines types to get off work with enough daylight left to play a round of golf - Farmers couldn't care less as their day is controlled by daylight anyway, no matter what time it is.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home