Stories from North Dakota

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Just Something About It

Working the weekend night shifts allows me plenty of time to engross myself in film culture. Courtesty of Netflix, I am able to watch quite a few movies. I normally watch action adventure, comedy, and even sci-fi.

But this weekend I tired something a bit different. I watched a few movies that would make anyone cry. Here I am on video camera at my job, balling like a 3 year old that just got their toy taken away. I was so engrossed with the movie. I have to admit I am a softie when it comes to romance and stories that pull on those strings. I try not to cry, trying not to let them get to me. I keep telling myself that they are purely in a fictional state. But I become so entangled in the movies that I feel as if I am there, whispering the answers in the character's ear. I feel myself just sitting there, feeling sad, feeling hatred, feeling in love, yet I am very much unable to convey my feelings and let everyone know what is going on.

Why is it that some movies are made to pull you in, forget what is going on around you, whilst others have the problem of turning people off? Why is it that I can be so taken in by one movie yet be so ashamed to even mention I watched the other movie? Am I just more prone to want to feel for certain characters? Is it because I can understand what those characters are going through?

1 Comments:

  • Oh man, you can't do an entry like that and not tell us what movies you're referring to. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home