Why Do I Work The Weekends?
Work is killing my budding social life. Every time I get asked to go out to the bars, movies or dinner, I am stuck working the bloody night shifts. Everyone asked me, why are you working on your birthday weekend?
First, I completely forgot this weekend was actually my birthday weekend. Seeing how my finances are not the brightest, I picked up a few extra shifts this weekend too. Thus making my work schedule larger this week of my birth.
Second, birthdays are not that important to me. It's like, let's celebrate the exit of my tiny body from a whole half the size. I admit it is an amazing feat but do we really need to get wasted and create fire hazards just because we had a grand exit? I really think that birthdays are just the chance for the average person to have their claim to fame, their 15 mins of fame.
Both of those reasons are why I am working on my birthday. But I really don't mind. I wont get anything special in the real world anyways. I highly doubt they even give out birthday holidays anymore. I'll probably work my birthday when I get my job out there with the FAA, so why get use to taking it off now? I am quite content with just getting the friendly Happy Birthday messages on Facebook.com, greeting cards, or even those small gifts from closer friends and family. Which I must say are coming in quite handy this year. I have falling completely in love with my new hoodie my bro sent me. My other gifts, I hope I sure don't have to use soon but I wouldnt mind giving them a test run. (I got new gloves and a scarf.)
First, I completely forgot this weekend was actually my birthday weekend. Seeing how my finances are not the brightest, I picked up a few extra shifts this weekend too. Thus making my work schedule larger this week of my birth.
Second, birthdays are not that important to me. It's like, let's celebrate the exit of my tiny body from a whole half the size. I admit it is an amazing feat but do we really need to get wasted and create fire hazards just because we had a grand exit? I really think that birthdays are just the chance for the average person to have their claim to fame, their 15 mins of fame.
Both of those reasons are why I am working on my birthday. But I really don't mind. I wont get anything special in the real world anyways. I highly doubt they even give out birthday holidays anymore. I'll probably work my birthday when I get my job out there with the FAA, so why get use to taking it off now? I am quite content with just getting the friendly Happy Birthday messages on Facebook.com, greeting cards, or even those small gifts from closer friends and family. Which I must say are coming in quite handy this year. I have falling completely in love with my new hoodie my bro sent me. My other gifts, I hope I sure don't have to use soon but I wouldnt mind giving them a test run. (I got new gloves and a scarf.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home