Just Walk Away SFND, Just Walk Away
I seriously must be messed up in the head. But let me start from the beginning.
It was Downtown BAR night for a group of my close friends and myself. I am currently on this I am not drinking kick, so I volunteered to be the DD. You know , you dont have to drink to have fun. Actually being sober can be better. The laughing and making fun of others all of their stupid little moves and miss moves. So we did some bar hoping. Kelli, Sarah, Kash and myself were all having a great time. Four Bars in just five hours.
At the last bar I put my feet up on the bench across from me. Next thing I know I am getting a leg massage. Oh this feels nice. Been ages since I was shown any sort of physical attention. It definitely wasn't coming from Kelli, since she was sitting next to me. And Sarah was busy with her texting of the boyfriend, and by putting the clues together, I narrowed it down to the bartender who was standing a good 10 feet away and Kash.
Hands were held in the car, none of which was started by me. I talked to Kelli earlier that night and told her nothing is going to happen between us because that would put her in a weird situation if something went wrong.
I dropped everyone off at the apartment. Went inside for a bit to relax and he started to make more moves, so when he was in the bathroom brushing his teeth, I said my goodbyes to Kelli and jetted out the door.
He was drunk, he was touchy feely, he has a long distance boyfriend, I have a long distance boyfriend, convenience is just always there. And then there is Kelli great friends to both of us in the middle. By walking away I did the right thing, but hell did I want to stay!
Five mins out the door, I get a call from Kelli's Mobile. Well it isn't Kelli, but Kash. Disappointment was in his voice, but once he sobers up, I am certain he will know I did the right thing.
God I hope I did. Damn You Better Judgement
It was Downtown BAR night for a group of my close friends and myself. I am currently on this I am not drinking kick, so I volunteered to be the DD. You know , you dont have to drink to have fun. Actually being sober can be better. The laughing and making fun of others all of their stupid little moves and miss moves. So we did some bar hoping. Kelli, Sarah, Kash and myself were all having a great time. Four Bars in just five hours.
At the last bar I put my feet up on the bench across from me. Next thing I know I am getting a leg massage. Oh this feels nice. Been ages since I was shown any sort of physical attention. It definitely wasn't coming from Kelli, since she was sitting next to me. And Sarah was busy with her texting of the boyfriend, and by putting the clues together, I narrowed it down to the bartender who was standing a good 10 feet away and Kash.
Hands were held in the car, none of which was started by me. I talked to Kelli earlier that night and told her nothing is going to happen between us because that would put her in a weird situation if something went wrong.
I dropped everyone off at the apartment. Went inside for a bit to relax and he started to make more moves, so when he was in the bathroom brushing his teeth, I said my goodbyes to Kelli and jetted out the door.
He was drunk, he was touchy feely, he has a long distance boyfriend, I have a long distance boyfriend, convenience is just always there. And then there is Kelli great friends to both of us in the middle. By walking away I did the right thing, but hell did I want to stay!
Five mins out the door, I get a call from Kelli's Mobile. Well it isn't Kelli, but Kash. Disappointment was in his voice, but once he sobers up, I am certain he will know I did the right thing.
God I hope I did. Damn You Better Judgement

3 Comments:
I think you did the right thing, Rob.
By
Matthew, at 2:59 AM
No arguments here, Matthew.
By
Scottie, at 4:45 AM
I'm convinced that we placed money on this right before you got off the phone. I'm sure of it. How much do you owe me?
By
sam, at 9:33 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home