When I started writing for the paying blog job I realized that not everyone was going to agree with me. When I had a few people disagree with me, I took them to heart, but now it really doesn't bother me until I got this response the other day.
It's okay that you disagree with my stance on the National Air Traffic Control Association and their tackfulliness when it comes to negotiating a new contract for their union members. It's okay that you disagree with me on whether or not the FAA should impose lower pay, more hours of work, and cut funding for incoming OKC training personale. But when you tell me that no amount of training can prepare you for the life you want to have, please keep that to yourself.
I will be nice to you because I get paid to not fight on the blog. I will say something nice on the paid blog, but on this blog, you will be never get a nice word from me. Oh by the way, you need a 4 year degree to become an Air Traffic Controller now. Plus you work at a third rate tower. So piss off!
"The bottom line is it takes a unique kind of individual to do this job [ATC], and no amount of college education can prepare you for that. Very few of the fully-qualified controllers at my facility are college-educated, or at least not to the point that they hold a degree. In fact, the last developmental we had who came from a college "air traffic" program barely made it through the program, and now has discovered she hates the job. Another that came through in the same group also checked out, but quickly moved to a support staff position when the job of "pushing tin" (and working rotating schedules, and providing OJT to new hires) proved to be too much to handle."
It's okay that you disagree with my stance on the National Air Traffic Control Association and their tackfulliness when it comes to negotiating a new contract for their union members. It's okay that you disagree with me on whether or not the FAA should impose lower pay, more hours of work, and cut funding for incoming OKC training personale. But when you tell me that no amount of training can prepare you for the life you want to have, please keep that to yourself.
I will be nice to you because I get paid to not fight on the blog. I will say something nice on the paid blog, but on this blog, you will be never get a nice word from me. Oh by the way, you need a 4 year degree to become an Air Traffic Controller now. Plus you work at a third rate tower. So piss off!

2 Comments:
Dear Random Comment Person:
Bitter really is a good color on you. You should feel proud; most people cannot wear it as well as you. It also speaks well of you that being under-educated hasn't held you back in life. Clearly your discriminating taste and talent scouting have been developed over (many, many) years of drudgery, and now the cracks are beginning to show. If you don't incorporate new ideas, and people, they're going to run you down. Which wouldn't be a bad thing, by the sounds of it. You need the rest. Oh, and, as SFND said, "piss off."
By
Anonymous, at 3:51 PM
Chris, you are now my official revenge letter writer.
By
SFND, at 4:41 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home