Stories from North Dakota

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

New Toy!


Now I know where my housing dollars went too! They just installed our new 50 inch flat screen tv in the lobby.

It is so beauitful.

All the guys are down there playing with it right now. So I haven't gotten a chance to inspect it closely but I am pretty sure it is a Samsung. It's so nice cause they hung it from the wall. Leaving more room for chairs and a couple of sofas, of course. Now all they need to do is relax the upper dorm alcohol policy and all will be just jazzy. I am sure the station will be constantly stuck on ESPN, if the guys have anything to say.

UPDATE: Ended up eating puppy chow, soft pretzels, apples and oranges, and having a bit of lemo to drink whilst lounging in front of the new tv. A couple of guys and I ended up watching A Christmas Story. That movie is great! Apparently here is the story with the tv. Each residental hall gets a certain amount of money each year to buy stuff. Most halls buy game tables, new kitchen stuff, etc. But since our hall is one of the newest ones on campus, all of our stuff is pretty much brand new. The way our hall is designed, we really dont have one common area that we could put any gaming tables either.

So our hall government didnt know what to get. Since a TV would be beyond our budget we had no clue what to get this year. Well the guy that doles out the money was nice enough to give us a few extra dollars (1500 bucks) in order to purchase a tv for our common lobby area. So now we have a very nice flat panel to gather around to watch hockey games, football games, basketball games, and whatever our little hearts desire!

1 Comments:

  • I dont understand striaght boys. They get this nice new TV and all they want to watch is some analog bullshit with fat old men talking about the young men that play the sport they used to. Watch something fucking colorful or something jeez!!

    By Blogger Adam, at 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home