Mum You Try Too Hard
Mum and Dad have returned from their little romantic getaway to Paris. Mum had hundreds of stories. She told me about how it was snowing when they arrived and that the weather was so magical. She told of of how they (my parents) walked along the river banks, watching the birds swimming down the river, while the snow waffled from the sky. She said it was one of the most romantic things the two of them had done in years. I am sure the pictures will be worth a thousands words. I can not wait to get home to see them. She said the flight was flawless and that business class was a very nice gift.
YAY for me!
But she had to open her mouth about christmas and her little party that she is throwing. This year she is having a holiday party at the house with all the other doctors and nurses from the Emergency Room and Intensive Care Unit. I LOATHE these parties but since I am the good son, I surface from depths of my brother's bedroom in order to mingle with rich snobby people.
Most years I was not old enough to drink so it made the night even more unbareable but this year, 22 baby! I'll take 2 eggnogs, an appletini, and several glasses of wine thanks! But my mother had to push the issue. She had to invite me a date.
Uh... (dead awkward silence)
Uh.... (yet again... more dead awkward silence)
I didn't want to ruin my mother's natural high and I certainly didn't want to ruin her beloved party, so being the good son that I am, I managed to eek out something along the lines of...
Oh yeah, we've met before. We always have some good conversations. When will she be showing up at the party? And will I be able to get her wasted and talk trash about her parents behind her back?
Le Sigh! At least I get to dress up! I love to dress up. I get to wear the black silk button shirt, my black pants, black socks, and my shiney black shoes with the silver buckels. And to top it off, a nice silver silk tie. About the only thing I have to really decide in respects what to wear, is contacts or glasses. Do I go for the smart look or the cute son of the hostess?
YAY for me!
But she had to open her mouth about christmas and her little party that she is throwing. This year she is having a holiday party at the house with all the other doctors and nurses from the Emergency Room and Intensive Care Unit. I LOATHE these parties but since I am the good son, I surface from depths of my brother's bedroom in order to mingle with rich snobby people.
Most years I was not old enough to drink so it made the night even more unbareable but this year, 22 baby! I'll take 2 eggnogs, an appletini, and several glasses of wine thanks! But my mother had to push the issue. She had to invite me a date.
"She is a pretty little blonde. She is a freshman in college now. She is real sweet. I remember you meeting her once, right?"
Uh... (dead awkward silence)
"Anyways, she asked for your cell phone number, so I gave it out to her. I thought the two of you could talk and make catch up. She went to your high school. Don't you remember her?"
Uh.... (yet again... more dead awkward silence)
I didn't want to ruin my mother's natural high and I certainly didn't want to ruin her beloved party, so being the good son that I am, I managed to eek out something along the lines of...
Oh yeah, we've met before. We always have some good conversations. When will she be showing up at the party? And will I be able to get her wasted and talk trash about her parents behind her back?
Le Sigh! At least I get to dress up! I love to dress up. I get to wear the black silk button shirt, my black pants, black socks, and my shiney black shoes with the silver buckels. And to top it off, a nice silver silk tie. About the only thing I have to really decide in respects what to wear, is contacts or glasses. Do I go for the smart look or the cute son of the hostess?

1 Comments:
Smartness is sexy
-Derek
By
Anonymous, at 4:04 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home