Thanksgiving 2005
This years Thanksgiving was less than stellar. Hours apon hours of "Lifetime" and a dinner that well was not turkey and pumpkin pie
24 boneless chicken wings (mild) standing in for turkey and gravy. Pop-tarts and a 3 Musketeers standing in for pumpkin pie.
I did however get to talk to mum and some other relatives. I hate... well hate is such a strong word, I LOATHE being handed around on the phone. You get the same question over and over again.
How is school going?
I give the traditional, oh you know it's going fine. Just three more weeks until holiday break. I think most of them would be surprised if I actually gave them a truthful response.
Oh it's definitely not a place I want to be. I hate the landscape, the city is too small, the people are hicks, the weather is less than attractive, the smell is odd, drinking is the only thing that keeps me sane, and I want to smack half the idiots that attend class upside the head with my laptop, but other than that... It's going FANTASTIC! How is your day?

4 Comments:
I hate being handed around as well. You have to have the same conversation nine times in marathon form. Its like some kind of familial punishment for you not being where they are.
By
Adam, at 7:21 PM
And I even got the guilt trip by my mother. I think she was trying to say, to fly home today through the I miss you not being here, you never seem to be around anymore speech.
By
SFND, at 7:30 PM
And there aren't that many gays
-D
By
Anonymous, at 10:02 PM
Awwww.
I'm sorry this year's Thanksgiving wasn't the best, Rob.
I did enjoy chatting with you in the morning, though, and thought about you during the day.
Your Christmas should be much better, right?! :-)
By
Matthew, at 12:10 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home