Civil Dinner Conversations
Last night I went out on the town and had some dinner with an aviation mate who stuck around in good ol' GFK. We went out and had drinks and dinner at one of the nicest places in GFK. And it really is saying something of the location of the town, when your drinks and dinner and tip just barely skims 20 bucks. And I was being quite generous with the tip too.
The Thai Shrimp Lininugi was well, not stellar, the Long Island was quite strong though, so that was a plus. The conversation ranged from turkey day celebrations to how unattractive NoDaks really are. But mostly the conversation revolved around aviation and more specifically airlines. It really is nice to just talk to someone who really does share the same interests as yourself.
Most times I just humor people and tell them about aviation and they give the traditional responses of oh thats nice, thats cool, etc. But it is just nice to have a civil conversation with others who know that you can catch a United B777 from Chicago to Denver, or who know that USAir and United code share.
God, I am such a nerd.
By the way, nothing happend after dinner. I knew all of you were thinking that. You go to dinner with someone, have a couple of drinks, the conversation is great and next thing you know the neighbours are calling campus police because you are making too much noise.
It didn't happen that way, at least this time.
The Thai Shrimp Lininugi was well, not stellar, the Long Island was quite strong though, so that was a plus. The conversation ranged from turkey day celebrations to how unattractive NoDaks really are. But mostly the conversation revolved around aviation and more specifically airlines. It really is nice to just talk to someone who really does share the same interests as yourself.
Most times I just humor people and tell them about aviation and they give the traditional responses of oh thats nice, thats cool, etc. But it is just nice to have a civil conversation with others who know that you can catch a United B777 from Chicago to Denver, or who know that USAir and United code share.
God, I am such a nerd.
By the way, nothing happend after dinner. I knew all of you were thinking that. You go to dinner with someone, have a couple of drinks, the conversation is great and next thing you know the neighbours are calling campus police because you are making too much noise.
It didn't happen that way, at least this time.

5 Comments:
Sounds like one could live like a king where you are. I didnt know LIT was a dinner drink. I always just used it as a means to an end.
By
Adam, at 4:46 PM
Well we both needed a strong drink. Drinking strong drinks up here is the only thing that keeps you sane.
By
SFND, at 5:03 PM
Who paid?
By
Anonymous, at 7:56 PM
Dutch...
By
SFND, at 8:08 PM
Oh, THAT kind of dinner. :-p
By
Anonymous, at 8:39 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home