Stories from North Dakota

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

No Such Rule Breaker

I lead a pretty simple life. I try not to worry about the crazy drama or other odds and ends that go on in the world. I try to keep things simple. That's why I have just a few rules I follow in life.

Rule 1: Treat others the way you want to be treated in return. I am a firm believer in Karma. I believe that what goes around comes around. It may not come back to haunt that person right away but I know that in the end they will get what is coming to them. So I try to be nice to people.

Rule 2: Never talk about politics or religion while drinking, it ALWAYS ends up being this huge fight and everyone feels awkward in the end. I am friends with a wide variety of people who believe a wide array of things and I have enough respect for them and their beliefs to be accomidating to them. So avoiding the subject when drinking solves a lot of problems.

Rule 3: Never take advantage of drunk people, including myself. I have this firm rule to not make any moves when I have been drinking or the other person has been drinking. Sometimes I slip up but for the most part I stick to it.

So that brings us to todays discussion...

Last night I was talking to Betsy and Mike. I asked Mike what he wanted for his birthday, and before he could get out a word, Betsy chimed in, he wants to cuddle with you.

Mike turned this beet red, and before he could sputter out any sort of English related sound or word, Betsy blurted out, look, he hasn't denied it and he is blushing!

Mike finally said, you had your chance on Sunday night, I was so drunk.

Fucking Rule #3!

3 Comments:

  • haha, you are your own cockblocker. go cut yo'self!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:58 PM  

  • Hmmm. One might point out that hiding behind alcohol is not the most healthy of ways to experiment or to f*ck with one's gay friends' affections.

    M'eh, what do I know?

    By Blogger Shauntae AuPair, at 8:32 PM  

  • Im glad that there are honorable people out there who will not take advantage of a situation because all to often todays one slip up and your FUCKED figuretively and sometimes even literally

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home