HA... HA...
I have become very addicted to this university linking, friend meeting, online forum, called Facebook. I am sure if you have been living in any sort of civilized society within the US, you have heard of this new fangled device that allows you to communicate with students across the US uni system and across your campus grounds.
I was bored at work, on par with normal events. And so I usually just look up people I haven't seen or chatted with in years. Since my highschool years were hell. Being that I was not part of the popular group, nor was I a jock, or part of the teacher ass kissing group, I seemed to always fall between the cracks.
I did fairly well in high school. I graduated top 5% on my campus, top 10% of the 3,700 graduating seniors district wide. But I was never part of that little " I am so smart, everyone notices me" group. I knew one day when I was older, I would have the better job, better looking spouse, the better looking body, and the better looking hairline.
So I was just surfing Facebook and noticed, that this one guy that was one of the smarter students in my grade. One who always seemed to correct me. The one who always seemed to be one step ahead of me. He kept telling people that he was going to go to UCLA and study some biology stuff. Whatever.
From the grapevine, I found out that he got rejected from UCLA and now is studying at a state university in Missouri, and not even the good ones. Look at him, and look at me now.
HA... HA...
I'm at a selective university learning from the best in the field. I've attended university in Australia. I'm working on two majors. I'm actually doing something.
You, you are stuck at some lame ass state university that isn't even good. HA... HA!
That just makes your day. At least it did mine.
I was bored at work, on par with normal events. And so I usually just look up people I haven't seen or chatted with in years. Since my highschool years were hell. Being that I was not part of the popular group, nor was I a jock, or part of the teacher ass kissing group, I seemed to always fall between the cracks.
I did fairly well in high school. I graduated top 5% on my campus, top 10% of the 3,700 graduating seniors district wide. But I was never part of that little " I am so smart, everyone notices me" group. I knew one day when I was older, I would have the better job, better looking spouse, the better looking body, and the better looking hairline.
So I was just surfing Facebook and noticed, that this one guy that was one of the smarter students in my grade. One who always seemed to correct me. The one who always seemed to be one step ahead of me. He kept telling people that he was going to go to UCLA and study some biology stuff. Whatever.
From the grapevine, I found out that he got rejected from UCLA and now is studying at a state university in Missouri, and not even the good ones. Look at him, and look at me now.
HA... HA...
I'm at a selective university learning from the best in the field. I've attended university in Australia. I'm working on two majors. I'm actually doing something.
You, you are stuck at some lame ass state university that isn't even good. HA... HA!
That just makes your day. At least it did mine.

2 Comments:
Hmmmm... shallow much? :-)
--C
By
Anonymous, at 4:24 PM
I'll be in the corner making cuts on my thigh.
By
Anonymous, at 4:31 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home