Stories from North Dakota

Saturday, January 28, 2006

I'm in the market for a new computer. I have yet to decide on a laptop or a desktop. I will be using it for uni and work. Favourite companies include Apple, Toshiba, Dell, and Gateway but not in that particular order.

Let me know what you think I should get. I will be purchasing it for this summer.

5 Comments:

  • macbook pro, 12" -- which isn't available yet, but will be well worth the (short?) wait. that's what i'd like to have, anyway.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:41 AM  

  • I'm a Mac boy. Mac, mac...mac. BUT I've heard some rumblings at Apple about the new Intels, from a buddy who works within the core.

    I'll get back to you when I get the scoop.

    Summer might be good timing. They can work out the bugs. Either way, I'd highly suggest a laptop. Since I switched, I can't imagine going back to a desk.

    But the Apple G5 dual pro...well, I'm only so strong, but mucho dinero.

    By Blogger jetboy747, at 2:27 PM  

  • Apple. Get the new intel powerbook!

    By Blogger Adam, at 8:52 PM  

  • Well it seems that all of you agree on one thing, Apple, Apple, Apple.

    By Blogger SFND, at 10:24 AM  

  • Not sure how much you know about Macs, but here's the scoop: "It wont be until the intells have 64bit processors and all the programs will run on them before I even consider it being worth it."

    The new Intel powerbooks have a 32bit processor, which isn't good because programs are crashing on them or not running at all.

    Patience and go with Mac, only if you're comfortable switching.

    By Blogger jetboy747, at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home